10.13.2005

Let the GodGeeks Convene!!!

Today is the first day of GodBlogCon 2005. It is the first event of its kind. Biola University has been nice enough to host several hundred of us who have a love for God and propensity to type about it for the next few days, or until they tire of us completely.
In my own cynicism, I really expected a lot of lesser minds - the kind you might find dressed as Padme and Anakin Skywalker at a movie premiere, shy and lacking in social skills. My apologies. We are called to love geeks, too - and who am I to judge, a mere God-Geek?!
Fortunately, what I have found thus far are a fine collection of people from a wide variety of age groups and demographics that have firm and wise opinions on everything from apologetics to eschatology, movies to homeschooling, and traffic and weather on the half...
I promise to learn many of their names and bring their concerns, wisdom, and experience to all of you who are faithful readers, friends, and supporters, without whom I would not be here at this moment. For now, I am back to hear from John Mark Reynolds, to whom I am certain to tip the hat for the many salient points he will make in his address.
For now, I will tip to Matt Anderson at Mere-Orthodoxy, who has been working madly to make this event possible and was clever enough to recommend (read: give) us a copy of Lanny Donaho's "God's Blogs" , a book that I had planned to purchase this coming Tuesday when I return to Atlanta. Sorry CBD, I'll have to remove that from my cart - this one even had free shipping...

1 Comments:

Blogger Aarron & Cristine Pina said...

My dear lady, you are one of those great minds to whom I refer. Let me say in the presence of all blogdom - you are an encouragement to me in this new endeavor and I am well better off having crossed paths with you.
May the road...

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home